www.turner-white.com Gastroenterology Volume 14, Part 5 13
20. Attasaranya S, Pais S, LeBlanc J, et al. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration and cyst fluid analysis
for pancreatic cysts. JOP 2007;8:553–63.
21. Bradley EL, Clements JL Jr, Gonzalez AC. The natural
history of pancreatic pseudocysts: a unified concept of
management. Am J Surg 1979;137:135–41.
22. Vitas GJ, Sarr MG. Selected management of pancreatic
pseudocysts: operative versus expectant management.
23. Cheruvu CV, Clarke MG, Prentice M, Eyre-Brook IA.
Conservative treatment as an option in the management of pancreatic pseudocyst. Ann R Coll Surg Engl
24. Yeo CJ, Bastidas JA, Lynch-Nyhan A, et al. The natural
history of pancreatic pseudocysts documented by computed tomography. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1990;170:411–7.
25. Gouyon B, Lévy P, Ruszniewski P, et al. Predictive factors
in the outcome of pseudocysts complicating alcoholic
chronic pancreatitis. Gut 1997;41:821–5.
26. Naitoh I, Ohara H, Okayama Y, et al. Pseudocyst in the
pancreatic tail associated with chronic pancreatitis successfully treated by transpapillary cyst drainage. Case Rep
Gastroenterol 2008;2:390– 7.
27. Binmoeller KF, Seifert H, Walter A, Soehendra N. Transpapillary and transmural drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts. Gastrointest Endosc 1995;42:219–24.
28. Catalano MF, Geenen JE, Schmalz MJ, et al. Treatment
of pancreatic pseudocysts with ductal communication by
transpapillary pancreatic duct endoprosthesis. Gastrointest Endosc 1995;42:214–8.
29. Barthet M, Sahel J, Bodiou-Bertei C, Bernard JP. Endoscopic transpapillary drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts.
Gastrointest Endosc 1995;42:208–13.
30. Sharma SS, Bhargawa N, Govil A. Endoscopic management of pancreatic pseudocyst: a long-term follow-up.
31. Varadarajulu S, Bang JY, Sutton BS, et al. Equal efficacy of
endoscopic and surgical cystogastrostomy for pancreatic
pseudocyst drainage in a randomized trial. Gastroenterology 2013;145:583–90.
32. Arvanitakis M, Delhaye M, Bali MA, et al. Pancreatic-fluid
collections: a randomized controlled trial regarding stent
removal after endoscopic transmural drainage. Gastrointest Endosc 2007;65:609–19.
33. Harewood GC, Wright CA, Baron TH. Impact on patient
outcomes of experience in the performance of endoscopic
pancreatic fluid collection drainage. Gastrointest Endosc
34. Varadarajulu S, Christein JD, Wilcox CM. Frequency of
complications during EUS-guided drainage of pancreatic
fluid collections in 148 consecutive patients. J Gastroen-
terol Hepatol 2011;26:1504–8
35. Baron TH, Harewood GC, Morgan DE, Yates MR. Outcome differences after endoscopic drainage of pancreatic
necrosis, acute pancreatic pseudocysts, and chronic pancreatic pseudocysts. Gastrointest Endosc 2002;56:7–17.
36. Lopes CV, Pesenti C, Bories E, et al. Endoscopic-ultra-sound-guided endoscopic transmural drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts and abscesses. Scand J Gastroenterol
37. Giovannini M, Pesenti C, Rolland AL, et al. Endoscopic
ultrasound-guided drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts
or pancreatic abscesses using a therapeutic echo endoscope. Endoscopy 2001;33:473–7.
38. Varadarajulu S, Tamhane A, Blakely J. Graded dilation
technique for EUS-guided drainage of peripancreatic fluid
collections: an assessment of outcomes and complications
and technical proficiency (with video).Gastrointest Endosc
39. Antillon MR, Shah RJ, Stiegmann G, Chen YK. Single-step EUS-guided transmural drainage of simple and
complicated pancreatic pseudocysts. Gastrointest Endosc
40. Adams DB, Srinivasan A. Failure of percutaneous catheter
drainage of pancreatic pseudocyst. Am Surg 2000;66:256–61.
41. Adams DB, Anderson MC. Percutaneous catheter drainage compared with internal drainage in the management
of pancreatic pseudocyst. Ann Surg 1992;215:571–6.
42. Morton JM, Brown A, Galanko JA, et al. A national comparison of surgical versus percutaneous drainage of
pancreatic pseudocysts: 1997-2001. J Gastrointest Surg
43. Cannon JW, Callery MP, Vollmer CM Jr. Diagnosis and
management of pancreatic pseudocysts: what is the evidence? J Am Coll Surg 2009;209:385–93.
44. Adsay NV, Fukushima N, Furukawa T, et al. Intraductal
neoplasm of the pancreas. In: Bosman FT, Carneiro F,
Hruban RH, Theise ND, eds. WHO classification of tumors
of digestive system. Lyon: WHO Press; 2010:304–13.
45. Goh BK, Tan YM, Yap WM, et al. Pancreatic serous oligocystic adenomas: clinicopathologic features and a comparison with serous microcystic adenomas and mucinous
cystic neoplasms. World J Surg 2006;30:1553–9.
46. Le Borgne J, de Calan L, Partensky C. Cystadenomas and
cystadenocarcinomas of the pancreas: a multiinstitutional
retrospective study of 398 cases. French Surgical Association. Ann Surg 1999;230:152–61.
47. Tseng JF, Warshaw AL, Sahani DV, et al. Serous cystadenoma of the pancreas: tumor growth rates and recommendations for treatment. Ann Surg 2005;242:413–9.
48. Koito K, Namieno T, Nagakawa T, et al. Solitary cystic
tumor of the pancreas: EUS-pathologic correlation. Gas-