14 Hospital Physician Board Review Manual www.turner-white.com
trointest Endosc 1997;45:268–76.
49. Kim SY, Lee JM, Kim SH, et al. Macrocystic neoplasms of the pancreas: CT differentiation of serous
oligocystic adenoma from mucinous cystadenoma and intraductal papillary mucinous tumor. AJR Am J Roentgenol
50. Cohen-Scali F, Vilgrain V, Brancatelli G, et al. Discrimination of unilocular macrocystic serous cystadenoma from
pancreatic pseudocyst and mucinous cystadenoma with
CT: initial observations. Radiology 2003;228:727–33.
51. van der Waaij LA, van Dullemen HM, Porte RJ. Cyst
fluid analysis in the differential diagnosis of pancreatic cystic lesions: a pooled analysis. Gastrointest Endosc
52. Huang P, Staerkel G, Sneige N, Gong Y. Fine-needle
aspiration of pancreatic serous cystadenoma: cytologic
features and diagnostic pitfalls. Cancer 2006;108:239–49.
53. Collins BT. Serous cystadenoma of the pancreas with
endoscopic ultrasound fine needle aspiration biopsy and
surgical correlation. Acta Cytol 2013;57:241–51.
54. Bramis K, Petrou A, Papalambros A, et al. Serous cystadenocarcinoma of the pancreas: report of a case and
management reflections. World J Surg Oncol 2012;10:51.
55. Hwang HK, Kim H, Kang CM, Lee WJ. Serous cyst adenoma of the pancreas: appraisal of active surgical strategy
before it causes problems. Surg Endosc 2012;26:1560– 5.
56. Reddy RP, Smyrk TC, Zapiach M, et al. Pancreatic mucinous cystic neoplasm defined by ovarian stroma: demographics, clinical features, and prevalence of cancer. Clin
Gastroenterol Hepatol 2004;2:1026–31.
57. Crippa S, Fernández-Del Castillo C, Salvia R, et al. Mucin-producing neoplasms of the pancreas: an analysis of distinguishing clinical and epidemiologic characteristics. Clin
Gastroenterol Hepatol 2010;8:213–9.
58. Sarr MG, Murr M, Smyrk TC, et al. Primary cystic neoplasms of the pancreas: neoplastic disorders of emerging importance—current state-of-the-art and unanswered
questions. J Gastrointest Surg 2003;7:417–28.
59. Le Baleur Y, Couvelard A, Vullierme MP, et al. Mucinous
cystic neoplasms of the pancreas: definition of preop-erative imaging criteria for high-risk lesions. Pancreatology
60. Sawhney MS, Devarajan S, O'Farrel P, et al. Comparison of
carcinoembryonic antigen and molecular analysis in pancreatic cyst fluid. Gastrointest Endosc 2009;69:1106–10.
61. Linder JD, Geenen JE, Catalano MF. Cyst fluid analysis
obtained by EUS-guided FNA in the evaluation of discrete
cystic neoplasms of the pancreas: a prospective single-center experience. Gastrointest Endosc 2006;64:697–702.
62. Brugge WR, Lewandrowski K, Lee-Lewandrowski E, et
al. Diagnosis of pancreatic cystic neoplasms: a report of
the cooperative pancreatic cyst study. Gastroenterology
63. Cizginer S, Turner BG, Bilge AR, et al. Cyst fluid carcinoembryonic antigen is an accurate diagnostic marker of
pancreatic mucinous cysts. Pancreas 2011;40:1024–8.
64. Sreenarasimhaiah J, Lara LF, Jazrawi SF, et al. A comparative analysis of pancreas cyst fluid CEA and histology
with DNA mutational analysis in the detection of mucin
producing or malignant cysts. JOP 2009;10:163–8.
65. Lewis GH, Wang H, Bellizzi AM, et al. Prognosis of minimally invasive carcinoma arising in mucinous cystic neoplasms of the pancreas. Am J Surg Pathol 2013;37:601–5.
66. Sarr MG, Carpenter HA, Prabhakar LP, et al. Clinical and
pathologic correlation of 84 mucinous cystic neoplasms
of the pancreas: can one reliably differentiate benign
from malignant (or premalignant) neoplasms? Ann Surg
67. Wilentz RE, Albores-Saavedra J, Zahurak M, et al. Pathologic examination accurately predicts prognosis in mucinous cystic neoplasms of the pancreas. Am J Surg Pathol
68. Gan SI, Thompson CC, Lauwers GY, et al. Ethanol lavage
of pancreatic cystic lesions: initial pilot study. Gastrointest
69. De Witt J, McGreevy K, Schmidt CM, Brugge WR. EUS-guided ethanol versus saline solution lavage for pancreatic
cysts: a randomized, double-blind study. Gastrointest Endosc 2009;70:710–23.
70. Oh HC, Seo DW, Lee TY, et al. New treatment for cystic
tumors of the pancreas: EUS-guided ethanol lavage with
paclitaxel injection. Gastrointest Endosc 2008;67:636–42.
71. Oh HC, Seo DW, Kim SC, et al. Septated cystic tumors of
the pancreas: is it possible to treat them by endoscopic
ultrasonography-guided intervention? Scand J Gastroenterol 2009;44:242–7.
72. Kosmahl M, Pauser U, Peters K, et al. Cystic neoplasms
of the pancreas and tumor-like lesions with cystic features:
A review of 418 cases and a classification proposal. Virchows Arch 2004;445:168–78.
73. Lee CJ, Scheiman J, Anderson MA, et al. Risk of malignancy in resected cystic tumors of the pancreas ≤ 3 cm in
size: Is it safe to observe asymptomatic patients? A multiinstitutional report. J Gastrointest Surg 2008;12:234–42.
74. Tanaka M, Chari S, Adsay V, et al; International Association of Pancreatology. International consensus guidelines
for management of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms and mucinous cystic neoplasms of the pancreas.
75. Salvia R, Fernández-del Castillo C, Bassi C, et al. Main-duct intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the
pancreas: clinical predictors of malignancy and long-term